Intern With The Freedoms
Summer 2019 Event Management Internship
Expectation: The Philadelphia Freedoms are seeking high achieving interns looking to gain professional experience while exploring all facets of event management under supervision from seasoned industry professionals. Exceptional work ethic, organization, and teamwork skills are essential for this internship and an outgoing, enthusiastic, engaging personality is a plus. Only undergraduate and graduate students seeking for-credit internships registered through their college/university will be considered. See application instructions below.
About the Freedoms: The 2019 season will be the 44th of World TeamTennis (WTT) and the 20th season for the Freedoms. Co-founded by Freedoms Owner Billie Jean King, WTT is a unique property that showcases world-class professional tennis in an exciting, fun, fast-paced, co-ed team environment. Franchises compete during a season running July 16 to August 2, culminating in the WTT Finals and the awarding of the King Trophy. For more information, please visit www.philadelphiafreedoms.com, “like” us on Facebook, and follow us on Instagram and Twitter.
Internship Description: There are several areas where a resourceful contributor may have opportunities to gain experience, including:
- Planning, preparation, and implementation of arena design and setup, sponsor hospitality, and Freedoms community and ticket holder events.
- Monitoring and upkeep of tennis court and event venue during all matches.
- Email marketing campaigns and content.
- Development and implementation of match night promotions and related public relations.
- Upkeep and implementation of master advertising and promotional calendar.
- Sponsor services and benefit fulfillment.
- Assisting with social media account management and content production in consultation with social media firm.
- Assisting Ticket Manager with ticketing fulfillment and/or gameday box office operations.
- Basic graphic design/photo editing as applies to social media/website/email posts and content.
Locations: Office – Ambler, PA | Event Venue – Philadelphia, PA
Commitment & Stipend: Applicants must be available from May 22 through August 9, 2019. Interns typically work Monday-Friday from 10am to 4pm (with increased hours on event and setup days); the number of hours may vary depending on terms of agreement for course credit. Interns are expected to be available for all seven home events, venue setup, and limited promotional events, including some evening and/or weekend events. Applicants must be located in the Greater Philadelphia region through the course of the internship. Housing and transportation are not provided. Interns will receive an expense stipend of $1,000 in two installments of $500; the purpose of this stipend is to assist the intern with internship expenses and it is not a form of payment. The stipend is not guaranteed -- should an intern fail to meet the minimum academic and/or professional requirements of the internship and, in consultation with their academic advisor, withdraw from the internship at any time, the intern forfeits any unpaid stipend payout(s). This is an unpaid internship for students receiving college/university credit in exchange for supervision and professional experience.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for two professional references (or relevant academic equivalent) to Jon Blitzer at email@example.com (subject line: “Freedoms Event Management Internship”) no later than March 1, 2019.
Please note: Internship applications are reviewed on a rolling basis; priority is given to applications in the order in which they are received. Review of applications will end once all internship positions are filled.