Intern With The Freedoms
2018 Event Management Internship
Expectation: The Philadelphia Freedoms are seeking high achieving interns looking to gain professional experience while exploring all facets of event management under supervision from seasoned industry professionals. Exceptional work ethic, organization, and teamwork skills are essential for this internship and an outgoing, enthusiastic, engaging personality is a plus. Only undergraduate and graduate students seeking for-credit internships registered through their college/university will be considered. See application instructions below.
About the Freedoms: The 2018 season will be the 43rd of World TeamTennis (WTT) and the 19th season for the Freedoms. Co-founded by Freedoms Owner Billie Jean King, WTT is a unique property that showcases world-class professional tennis in an exciting, fun, fast-paced, co-ed team environment. Franchises compete during a season running July 15 to August 1, culminating in the WTT Finals and the awarding of the King Trophy. For more information, please visit www.philadelphiafreedoms.com, “like” us on Facebook, and follow us on Instagram and Twitter.
Internship Description: There are several areas where a resourceful contributor may have opportunities to gain experience, including:
- Planning, preparation, and implementation of arena design and setup, sponsor hospitality, and Freedoms community and ticket holder events.
- Monitoring and upkeep of tennis court and event venue during all matches.
- Email marketing campaigns and content.
- Development and implementation of match night promotions.
- Upkeep and implementation of master advertising and promotional calendar.
- Sponsor services and benefit fulfillment.
- Assisting with implementation of master social media campaign in consultation with social media consultant firm.
- Assisting Ticket Manager with ticketing fulfillment and/or gameday box office operations.
- Basic graphic design/photo editing as applies to social media/website/email posts and content.
Locations: Office – Blue Bell, PA | Event Venue – Hagan Arena, Saint Joseph’s University (in-season)
Commitment: Applicants must be available from May 30 through August 10, 2018. Interns typically work Monday-Friday from 10am to 4pm (with increased hours on event and setup days); the number of hours may vary depending on terms of agreement for course credit. Interns are expected to be available for all seven home events, venue setup, and limited promotional events, including some evening and/or weekend events. Applicants must be located in the Greater Philadelphia region through the course of the internship. Housing and transportation are not provided. This is an unpaid internship for students receiving college/university credit in exchange for supervision and professional experience.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for two professional references (or relevant academic equivalent) to Jon Blitzer at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: “Freedoms Event Management Internship”) no later than April 13, 2018.