The Freedoms Earn a Spot in WTT Grandest StageAugust 01, 2018
PHILADELPHIA – The Freedoms host one final home match at Hagan Arena, tonight at 7:00pm ETD against the New York Empire. Riding an 8-match winning streak, the Freedoms will look to win their final two matches of the regular season against the Empire. The Freedoms won the only encounter this season against the Empire, when they defeated them 21-17 on the road.
* With the No. 1 seed already locked up, the Freedoms hold a very comfortable 11-1 record on the season.
* The Freedoms are awaiting to face either the Aviators, Lasers, or Kastles on Championship Sunday.
* If the Aviators defeat the Kastles on Wednesday and the Lasers lost to Orange County, the Freedoms will host San Diego in the WTT Finals presented by GEICO
* Taylor Townsend continues to remain the top Women’s Singles player in the league, as she remains perfect with a 10-0 record and holds the league lead in games and matches won.
* Townsend and partner Raquel Atawo also remain the top Women’s Doubles players in the league with 47 games won.
* The Empire managed to win their first match of the season, when they defeated the San Diego Aviators on Monday by a score of 21-17.
* After his 5-1 win against the Aviators, Dennis Nokikov moves to top four in Men’s Singles.
* Head Coach and former Doubles World No. 1 Gigi Fernandez, is currently in her second season with the Empire and third with WTT.
The Freedoms will visit the New York Empire tomorrow at 7:00pm ETD, to play the final game of the regular season. With a perfect road record and an already confirmed spot in the WTT Finals on Sunday, the Freedoms will be faced with no pressure tomorrow on the road. All eyes on are Sunday when the Freedoms are on National Television! #ServingFreedom